Skip to main content

8/18/2019 Sermon "The Fist" at Glencliff UMC, Nashville, TN

Click here for audio!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

8/11/19: Sermon Transcript on Isaiah 1 & Rock Climbing - Becca Griffin - Brookmeade Congregational UCC, Nashville, TN

“Remembering”—Brookmeade Congregational UCC, Aug. 11, 2019, Nashville, TN Thesis : Remembering or Memory grounds us as we act in faith (the reality of what our memories give us evidence for) in the kin-dom of God Readings for the liturgical calendar today :   Isaiah 1:1, 10-20; Heb11:1 Words of Meditations :  from Toni Morrison's book  Beloved:  "Love either is or it ain't; Thin love ain't love at all." Sermon :  I’m speaking from the space of a person with limitations…in case you were doubting that... I manage anxiety and have to know when I’m getting too excited (I can get too happy) or anxious (spinning thoughts due to certain triggers or fears)… I am young and haven’t experienced everything…so there are certain things I do not know I’m also speaking from the space of a person with experiences some have not had…this gives me the ability to handle certain situations from a space of familiarity… A Story about Rock Climbing : On...